Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's a Play Date!

"It sounded like a play date in there!"

That from a customer at Wombats last week during the first portrait session at the store.

I've teamed up with Dana Colcleasure at her upscale, designer fashion resale shop on 10090 Manchester Road in Glendale, to offer Heirloom Fine Art Portraits.

The boys were having a great time. If it sounded like a play date it meant they were "being themselves" and giving me a chance to capture it. That's my goal at a portrait session -- have a good time. I'll take care of the rest. I don't want to just show what you look like -- I want to show who you are.

I shoot a lot of formal portraits, but most of my clients come to me because they want something more. Any technician (and that's most most big box studio photographers are) can plunk you down, tell you to smile, push a button and shout "next!"

Instead, I add my artist's eye to the portrait session and capture personality, interaction, and relationships. These portraits take time. And are worth every minute.

I leave every heirloom portrait session thinking the same thing -- portraits are my favorite thing to do! And I never forget that these fine art portraits will be around for generations, so the work had better be good!

Isn't that why we want fine art portraits in the first place? Snap shots will be faded in 25 or 30 years -- some less than that. But heirloom portraits last for generations. I never forget that every portrait session is a gift to someone's great-grandchildren.

All the information about fine art portraits is on the website, or you can call me at 314.991.0143 for an appointment. Fine art portraits make great gifts -- for this year and in 2107!

No comments: